MINO Resource Room
(Open to Case Managers & Church Outreach Workers by appointment ONLY)
46 Mount Hope Avenue // Rochester, NY 14620
Mothers In Need of Others (MINO- pronounced “minnow”) is a ministry that collects donations of baby items and clothing for moms and babies (preemie-5t) and redistributes them to social service agencies and church outreach programs who work with parents and children who need them most in the Rochester community. We provide these programs with gently used items (baby gear, baby and maternity clothes, and new feminine and personal hygiene products) FREE OF CHARGE to help ease the stress on single parents and guardians enabling tight budgets stretch further as they struggle to raise their families. The items are picked up by the case managers and are taken directly to their clients. In order to protect the privacy and safety of the individuals who are receiving the items, we ask that they do not come to pick up the items themselves. If you are a caseworker who is in need of items for your client or a donor who has items to donate to our resource room, please call or email for an appointment.
View the article featuring MINO in a recent issue of The Wedge newspaper (page 4)!
We are looking for individuals to donate the following items:
- Baby Gear (cribs, highchairs, strollers, car seats)
- Baby Supplies (formula, diapers, wipes, baby bath)
- Maternity and Baby Clothes (Preemie-5T)
- Personal Hygiene Items (soap, shampoo, toothpaste,…)
- Feminine Products (sanitary pads, tampons, nursing pads)
- Monetary Donations:
Checks made payable to “Project URGE, Inc” with “MINO” on memo line
Donations may be tax deductible. Consult your tax advisor.
* All items MUST be clean and free from bedbugs, mold, tears, and stains.
Items we are NOT able to accept:
- Recalled, Damaged, or Outdated Car Seats, Cribs, and Strollers
- Clothing & Shoes (Children's and Adults')
- Books, CD’s, DVD’s , or Audio Tapes
- Toys (with the exception of NEW toys from October 28 – December 4 for our Christmas store)
- Opened or Expired Formula, Baby Food, Feminine or Personal Hygiene Products