For anyone raising a child, life can get pretty overwhelming, even when things are going well. Toss in financial problems, illness, tragedy, or a broken relationship, and things can seem almost too much to bear. Mothers In Need of Others (MINO), is a Christian ministry, created to help ease the stress on single parents and guardians by providing baby items and personal hygiene products to make tight budgets stretch further and their lives a little more comfortable as they weather the storm.
MINO offers our “Friends And Neighbors” (FANS) from participating agencies, the opportunity to earn “MINO money” by volunteering for our ministry or other participating MINO sites which they can “spend” on baby items and personal hygiene products for themselves and their children in their MINO sponsored program:
We in the MINO ministry help people discover the joy and satisfaction of sharing their blessings with others. We recycle gently used baby items and clothing for moms and babies by redistributing them to those who need them most in the Rochester community. We promote good stewardship of the gifts that God has bestowed upon us; thus demonstrating the love of Christ by tending to the needs of the under-resourced in our community.
We are looking for individuals to donate the following items:
- Baby Gear (cribs, highchairs, strollers, car seats)
- Baby Supplies (formula, diapers, wipes, baby bath)
- Maternity and Baby Clothes (0-12months)
- Personal Hygiene Items (soap, shampoo, toothpaste,…)
- Feminine Products
- Monetary Donations:
Checks made payable to “Project URGE, Inc” with “MINO” on memo line
Donations may be tax deductible. Consult your tax advisor.
* All items MUST be clean and free from bedbugs, mold, tears, and stains.
Items we are NOT able to accept:
- Recalled, Damaged, or Outdated Car Seats, Cribs, and Strollers
- Books, CD’s, DVD’s , or Audio Tapes
- Opened or Expired Formula, Baby Food, Feminine or Personal Hygiene Products